mandag 17. januar 2011

Joy sitting among flowers

Hello my friends ;)
Today I had to stay home from work because my 8 year daughter is sick. That means that I've had some time to finish a card I've been working on, in between "nursing" at home ;)
I'll try to make this post as short as possible, because there's many pics...
The card is made for the following challenges:

* Flutter By Wednesday's - Sketch by Carly
* RRR Challenge - Heart theme + a ribbon
* Kort og Godt - White and Blue
* Wild Orchid Challenge - Let's get sentimental
* Sukkersøtt - White/creme and blue
* Pollycraft Challenge - Sweet pastel colours (I would love to join this challenge with one of their fabulous images, but I'm not quite sure if the clock would allow me... And since they're having the full Sonny Honeycloud digi set as this weeks prize, I just HAD to enter even though it's not a fab Pollycraft image...*S* )



My finished card. I'm not quite comfortable with the flowers, I would love to join a class to learn some techniques... Well, I could never be a flower decorator, that's quite sure... Ha ha ;)



A pic from the side


Adorable little Joy


Princess


Flowers - and some acrylic pearl hearts ;)


Some more flowers


I hope your day becomes just as beautiful as you ;)


A writing panel on the back of the card


Details about my card
Size: 6" x 6"
Stamps: Sitting Joy image from Sugar Nellie. Sentiment stamps from Kreativ Hobby
Coloring: Watercolor pencils
Ink: Distress Ink Broken China from Ranger
Papers: KaiserCraft Hideaway - labyrinth (on all card bases), Ursus (blue flowered papers) Bazill carton.
Others: Halfpearls, white open roses and white rosebuds from Kort og Godt. Blue roses from Papirloftet. Butterflies from Karen Marie Klip. Pearlhearts from Ursus. Blue ribbon in Joy's hair, blue flower ribbons from Panduro. Spellbinders label one
Techniques: The card is folded as an easel card. Edges are machinesewed.


I hope you liked my card. Thank you for visiting, and I wanna thank all of you kind people who leaves me kind comments - you really make me smile!! :)

Until next time,

8 kommentarer:

  1. Hei Randi!!!!
    For et utrolig nydelig kort du har laget; dette motivet var bare så flott; det ønsker jeg meg også :-D Og jeg syntes blomsterpynten din er fin jeg; selv om du ikke er fornøyd selv; lekkert!
    Alt for lenge siden jeg har vært innom deg, men nå er jeg her iallefall. Hører vi er i sammen båt og, datteren min på 7 er også syk, på 6 dagen :-(

    Ønsker deg en strålende uke, og datteren din god bedring!

    Stor klem fra Guro

    SvarSlett
  2. Wow, stunning! This must have taken you quite some time to finish! The color combo and all the flowers are just gorgeous! :D

    ♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

    SvarSlett
  3. Well I think your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!!! The colors are so pretty and this image is so beautiful! Love the added bow in her hair!
    Thanks so much for playing along in the WOC challenge with us!
    :)Kathy

    SvarSlett
  4. Such a beautiful card, adorable image and gorgeous details.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    SvarSlett
  5. So sweet and feminine, Randi! Love the blue bow in her hair and all the detailed pics. So happy to have you stamping with us this week at Flutterby Wednesday. :)

    SvarSlett
  6. For et kjempe lekkert kort! Blomster pynten er kjempe fin den!!
    Takk for at du deltar hos Sukkersøtt.

    ;0)Gry-Beate

    SvarSlett
  7. Helt nydelig ble det, Randi!! Motivet er så fint fargelagt, lekre papirer og rett og slett vakkert dekorert med de nydeligste blomster. Blomsteroppsettet er det ingen ting å utsette på :)
    Lykke til i ukens utfordring hos Sukkersött!!
    Klemmer, Wenche :0)

    SvarSlett
  8. Very pretty card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    SvarSlett

Tusen takk for at du legger igjen en kommentar - det gir meg glede i hverdagen ;)
----------
Thank you so much for making my day ;)