søndag 9. januar 2011

My first Lili of the Valley card

Hi there,
yes - I'm quite busy these days, working a lot and using my leftover time to finish 65 wedding invitations for my niece and her fiancé. There's a lot of work to be done, and there been some unexpected problems coming up. But I guess I'll be able to finish the invitations in a week or two, in between work, housekeeping, cooking and qualitytime with my family.
I love making the invitations, but I've been missing making colorful cards with lots of embellishments. And since a friend of mine turned 30 some days ago, I thought I should take a break from the invitatons and make her a birthdaycard.
In December I won a candy from Maya with a fantastic stamp from Lili of the Valley. I love it!! And I loved to color it up, I was looking forward to play with this fabulous stamp!!! It's named "Christmas candle", but I thought it worked great on a birthday card too ;) I've been playing with Jacque's fab sketch, making this card. I liked the sketch a lot and I'm sure I'll use it more times :)
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

* Friday Sketchers Blog- Sketch #136
* RRR Challenge - Something new (my new stamp!!) plus ribbon
* Flutter By Wednesday's - Open, add a butterfly, fairy og angel
* Sir Stampalot Challenge - A Winters tale
* Kort og Godt - White and blue
* Nord-Salten Hobbyklubb - Winter card


The finished card



Look, she's just too cute, huh?! ;)

Just a pic to show some details - maybe you're able to see the Glossy Accent I've added to the candle flame to make a special effect...


Rosebuds and leafes from Kort og Godt, the open roses are from my stash


One of the cute bling butterflies on the sheer ribbon :)


Blue roses from Papirloftet and rosebuds from Kort og Godt


A picture from the card's inside


A butterfly bow ;)




Some details about my card
Size - 6" x 6"
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Broken China
Stamps - Lili of the Valley Christmas Candle, Sentiment stamp from Kreativ Hobby
Coloring - Watercolorpencils
Papers - Carton from Panduro Hobby, dp's The Merry Days of Christmas "All Aglow" from My Mind's Eye, Punchinellapaper
Others - Halfpearls, rosebuds and roseleafes from Kort og Godt. Blue roses from Papirloftet, white open roses unknown. Glossy Accents (on the candle), Stickles Crystal and Frosted Lace from Ranger. Spellbinder die Classic Scalloped Ovals and Petite Scalloped Circles. Waterdrop pearls. Mesh ribbons from Europris, the light blue/white sheer ribbons with pearls and butterflies I got in a fab candy from Marielle



I hope you liked my card, I sure loved making it !!
Feel free to leave me a comment, that warms my heart. Thanks for visiting,
wish you all a fantastic and creative new week

Lots of love,

22 kommentarer:

  1. Å - så fint det ble. Nydelig fargelegging og masse flotte, herlige detaljer! Takk for at du deltar hos NordSalten Hobbyklubb.

    -DT Wenche

    SvarSlett
  2. This is so beautiful with some fabulous detail.
    Thank you for joining our "A Winter's Tale" challenge at Sir Stampalot.
    Clare x

    SvarSlett
  3. Its so pretty, gorgeous papers and love your new stamp. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    SvarSlett
  4. Oh randi - this is beautiful! I'm glad you took a break to create it! The embellishments are perfect for such a sweet colored image. I {heart} LotV stamps!! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering!

    SvarSlett
  5. Et nydelig kort med mange fine detaljer!!
    Lekre farger du har brukt og motivet er jo bare super søtt!!

    klem Laila.

    SvarSlett
  6. So happy to see you at FBW!!! Such a sweet and pretty card!

    SvarSlett
  7. Wonderful, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    SvarSlett
  8. åh.... noget sååååå nydelig

    100000 tak for at du deltager på NSHKs udfordring

    klemmm

    SvarSlett
  9. This is a very pretty card and so beautifully enmellished both inside and out.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    SvarSlett
  10. Randi, this is beautiful!! Glad to hear you found some time to create during the busy time of year! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    SvarSlett
  11. Beautiful card Randi it looks wonderful both inside and out, the image colours and design look superb thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    SvarSlett
  12. gorgeous card hun.
    i love all the pretty details.
    did you know that this stamp was sold out in winter time for the longest???
    it is sooo cute

    good luck with Jacuqes candy
    xoxo

    SvarSlett
  13. What a lovely card! All the little embellishements are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    SvarSlett
  14. Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

    SvarSlett
  15. Dette var kjempelekkert! Likte det arket med hullene i :) Masse pynt og herlige farger og motiv :) Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen hos NSHK :)

    SvarSlett
  16. What a awesome card ;o)
    Thanks for sharing this with us at the Friday Sketchers challenge blog.

    Janneke X

    SvarSlett
  17. A wonderful card with stuuning details.

    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck !

    Hugs
    Francesca

    SvarSlett
  18. This card is simply beautiful. I love the colors and all the yummy texture and dimension

    Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving a great comment. I truly appreciate it

    Toodles
    Erika

    SvarSlett
  19. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    SvarSlett
  20. kjempelekkert kort med mange flotte detaljer. vil gjerne følge med bloggen din videre, så jeg legger meg til som følger.

    SvarSlett
  21. beautiful card and so perfectly coloured! Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    SvarSlett

Tusen takk for at du legger igjen en kommentar - det gir meg glede i hverdagen ;)
----------
Thank you so much for making my day ;)