tirsdag 22. juni 2010

Birthday card

Hello to all of you!
It has been raining for 4 days now, and it never seems to end... It's the perfect scrapweather, but I do have things to do outside too... But I don't complain! :p
I've got two creations to post this evening - the first one is a card I've made for my older sister. She's giving it to a friend of her who turns 40 years in a couple of weeks. This is the second time I'm trying to make a Vintage card - I need to practice! *lol*
I've made it for the following challenges:

* Midnight Madness - Sketch
* Totally Gorjuss - Sugar and Spice
* Challenge Up Your Life - Vintage
* Vintageudfordring - Merkedag
* Sir Stampalot Challenge - Punch It



Here are some pics:



Papers: brown glazy papers and blue velvet papers from Notabene
Image: Old Photo Postcard freebie from Graphics Fairy
Sentiment stamp: Kreativ Hobby 
Embellishment: Halfpearls, flower and leafes from Kort og Godt, lace and butterflies made by Martha Stewart punches. The doily was white, I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmermist Sweet Pea, the flowers were babypink and I sprayed them too. The numbers are black chipboard numbers which I embossed with my golden embossing powder. All papers are blackened with Distress Ink Vintage Photo and distressed


The sweet girlie



It's your day today, congrats!



The embossed chipboard numbers



Some of the glimmermisted flowers with a fluttering butterfly on ;)


The inside



A little poem ;)






Thank you so much for visiting my blog and thanks for all your messages - they mean so much to me!
Lots of love,

17 kommentarer:

  1. How absolutely wonderful. I can see you put a lot of thought and work into this fascinating creation. Love the flowers and pretty colors. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    SvarSlett
  2. Randi, this is a vintage BEAUTY to say the least. What a totally enthralling creation you've made here from the outside to the inside!! What a spectacular take on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining us and I hope you can play again next week.

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    SvarSlett
  3. wow, this card is really gorgeous!!! i love all the details! wow, fantastic! thanks for playing with us at challenge up your life! hugs, manuela

    SvarSlett
  4. Your card is really lovely - I´m sure, your sister will love it!

    SvarSlett
  5. Hi Randi - you do vintage beautifully! I am sure this card is loved! What a gorgeous image and I LOVE those embellishments! Totally gorgeous! It is great to have you with us at this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch challenge, we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}

    SvarSlett
  6. WOW I really love this card.. your pictures are great too.. thanks for all the close ups. Your gold embossing is amazing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with the DT team, viewers and players of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges. We are thrilled each week to see such wonderful entries in our challenges and I want to personally thank you for joining in the fun.
    Priscilla

    SvarSlett
  7. Beautiful....stunning....amazing creation!!!!

    SvarSlett
  8. Hvor er det bare et flot kort.
    Det er nogle dejlige farvet og rigtig mange smukke detaljer.
    Tak for din deltagelse i vintageudfordringen

    SvarSlett
  9. kjempe nydelig kort!
    takk for at du deltar hos vintage udfordring :D
    klemmm fra Linda

    SvarSlett
  10. Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month!

    SvarSlett
  11. This is stunning! Such a beautiful card with a lovely vintage feel.
    Thank you for another entry into the Sir Stampalot challenge this month.
    Clare x

    SvarSlett
  12. wow there is lots of work in this one its beautiful
    hugs chris xx

    thanks for joining us in the sir stampalot challenge

    SvarSlett
  13. Very elegant and love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    SvarSlett
  14. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s Challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    SvarSlett
  15. Hi there

    A gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    SvarSlett
  16. Nydelig kort :-) Takk for at du deltar i vintageutfodringen!

    SvarSlett
  17. Hi Randi,
    What a gorgeous card!!! You did such a great job of matching up all of the background elements with the colors in the photo. It really is stunning! You should link this up to my Brag Monday linky party, it's closed now for this week, but will reopen next Monday morning. I'm sure my readers would love to see your wonderful card!

    SvarSlett

Tusen takk for at du legger igjen en kommentar - det gir meg glede i hverdagen ;)
----------
Thank you so much for making my day ;)